• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How hot are you running... Poll

Winter temps in my CUCV are about:

• 140-160 degrees

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 160-180 degrees

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 180-190

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • I have a lamp-no gauge. But my antifreeze tests @...

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edpdx

I was just wondering. Since I put my new Napa Heater Core in I have not ever though: "wow, that sucker is getting hot!" My temp gauge- yes gauge- I installed one on the passenger side boss, rarely tops 130* for the first 30 minutes or so. Today I got it near 150*. Beats overheating, I know, but I could use warmer air. What is the proper range I should see in the winter?

diesel583

Mine runs 160 to 180. When the outside temp is under 40 I run a winter front. It makes a big differance in the heater and the truck warms up faster.

Hasdrubal

What type of heater core was it? Like the original copper one or a aluminium knockoff. I've heard that those dont provide very much heat.

edpdx

It is the best one NAP had. Still, it pales in comparison to the beefy copper one I removed. I kept it. I think I'll have the radiator shop I trade with look it over and see if it cam be rebuilt.

Anyone know a place to send these to?

allenhillview

After warm up I saw as low as 152 w/winter cover,idle,32 outside. With that full sweep gauge (mechanical) you can watch thermostat open and close as the gauge will move to 164 (same day) till open again. This is at idle. Different readings going down the highway at 45,50-up a long hill , pulling trailer, I see 190 sometimes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks