• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How I rebuilt my rotary hydraulic kneeling valve. Issues I ran into and how I got the stubborn knob off!!

RRaulston

Just to add a few things. I didn't test for leaks by activating the kneeling circuit. Mine leaked quite a lot by just activating the cab and tire lifts. So, I checked it in the way I used it. Also concerning the index wafer. I think the wafer may be the same as the 3-position selector knob. I believe I once had the wafer in a 3 click position upon assembly and then the 2-position spot. Hard to explain but when you turn your knob and it indexes 3 times for a raise/lower 2 position circuit, you may need to flip it. Cheers!!🍻

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to add a few things. I didn't test for leaks by activating the kneeling circuit. Mine leaked quite a lot by just activating the cab and tire lifts. So, I checked it in the way I used it. Also concerning the index wafer. I think the wafer may be the same as the 3-position selector knob. I believe I once had the wafer in a 3 click position upon assembly and then the 2-position spot. Hard to explain but when you turn your knob and it indexes 3 times for a raise/lower 2 position circuit, you may need to flip it. Cheers!!🍻
I rebuilt all rotary valves using a Harbor Freight Blue O ring kit…been over 1 year.. zero leaks……

Last edited:

coachgeo

@RRaulston - maybe you can get the white Ring from Power Packer who makes these units. Was honestly shocked CAT even had a clue where to look.

otherwise you might could try super glue sprinkled with baking soda to fix the ring? shape it as needed with Drimel tool orr? ?

87cr250r

The white ring is simply a backup ring. It prevents extrusion of the o-ring under pressure. They follow the same size format as the o-ring. You can cross reference the Cat part number to get the dash size of the o-ring.

McMaster-Carr Page:
https://www.mcmaster.com/backup-rings

If this system is using standard hydraulic oil or ATF you'll want to run 90 durometer buna-n or nitrile o-rings.

RRaulston

The white ring is simply a backup ring. It prevents extrusion of the o-ring under pressure. They follow the same size format as the o-ring. You can cross reference the Cat part number to get the dash size of the o-ring.

McMaster-Carr Page:
https://www.mcmaster.com/backup-rings

If this system is using standard hydraulic oil or ATF you'll want to run 90 durometer buna-n or nitrile o-rings.
WOW! Great information!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks