• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How long have you had your HUMVEE

kdaniels

Just a general question for some of you humvee owners...i bought mine in 2002 with 12k miles on it. Only put 6k on it since i've had it.

It was in awesome condition for a barstow truck. So far just basic repairs to keep it rolling....nothing major for a 1987 truck.

SEMPER FI !!!

keith

usmc81301

I have had mine for 5 years as of April. I bought it with I think 18k and I use it as my daily driver so the miles are about 25k now. No major repairs just upgrades I decided I wanted.

Semper Fi

BLK HMMWV

I bought my 86 around the same time from a private party.
Had about 10k miles on it at the time I put about that many on it since.
Other than I can't seem to stop upgrading it's looks with odd ball bit's and pieces over the years. It is about to under go a re-power to a NA 6.5 not because it needs it but because I have the sickness. I'ts kind of morphed itself into a gun truck looking thing. A true Frankin HMMWV but still very very much a HMMWV.
BH

nickd

Got mine about 8 months ago, tan 4 man soft top with X doors. Body and frame are excellent. It is an '86 according to the paperwork. had 4k miles. At about 6k I spun a bearing and replaced the 6.2 with a non turbo 6.5. Now I am replacing the head gaskets on the 6.5 since they started to slobber oil like my old deuce. Lately, I have been under the hood more than I have been in the drivers seat!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got my M1037 in 1991, completely restored it, and it has never left the garage since.

11b1776

Some of you bought your HMMWV's from GL? When was the last time one was up for auction? Anyone know? They had some in the GL yard last week when I was picking up. Not sure what they going to do with them.

85 USMC M998

Bough mine March 2003 from a private party. Odometer indicated 666 miles believe I have ~4500 miles on it. I know the feeling I have the bug for adding upgrades; haven't gone too crazy yet

KsM715

Some of you bought your HMMWV's from GL? When was the last time one was up for auction? Anyone know? They had some in the GL yard last week when I was picking up. Not sure what they going to do with them.

Forget it. You will never see another HMMWV sold from surplus. The the few that did get out were from a one time sale.

Last edited:

JeffShoots

Black 2000 4Door with truck bed about ~90k Daily Driver miles.
Has the Heath Diesel upgrades Comp, fuel box, injectors, turbo, and exhaust.
Custom Mickey Tompson Wheels with steel braided air lines.

papakb

I bought my M1026 from the California Department of Forestry auction back in 2002. It was originally an MP vehicle from Sierra Army Depot from the paperwork. Reconfigured it as an M1038 for about a year and then turned it into an M996A1 ambulance. It has 26K on it when I got it and now has about 46K on it. Just barely broken in............

Kurt

EdMontana

ONE WEEK!!:p

Got a 1987 USMC M998 (originally from the GA Auction) previous owner is a hobo man, he did nothing to it all those years, the auction numbers still in the side windows!! I felt like one of the guys from American Pickers TV Show when I went pick it up.

dilvoy

This August I'll have had mine for thirteen years! I had to keep it up at my mom and dads place for a year, because my garage door here in the city was less than 7" wide. Luckily I had room to widen it and found a place that saved old beams from houses and buildings that were being torn down. I was able to get an old growth beam with the correct dimensions and get the job done and have the house look as if it had not been altered.

Attachments

readyman

4 years, the first couple were tear apart and restore. After the Marines submarined it and deadlined it for 15 years, it was IROAN'd and auctioned at GA with low miles on it. NY/FBI agent had it for a while. But the Govt rebuilt 6.2 crank went on me at 4500 miles. Still has about 5000 miles, old age rubber/electric parts and not worn out parts is the main problem.

Attachments

IroncladGA

Had mine since November 2010 - The best birthday present I ever got... for myself. Was configured as a 2-seater with the hardtop shell. Hated how it looked. I have since converted it to a 4 seater soft top with intercom. One day it will have the slantback, hard top, 4 x-doors, and a turret, but that might be a while. Next immediate thing to do is get rid of the prior owners spray paint job and repaint it CARC.

It has been a bit of a hangar king -- problems with cooling system leakage, radiator, thermostat, glow plug controller (see some of my earlier posts), power steering pump, I have it sorted out for now. My wife refuses to ride in it, because she wisely says "you haven't fixed what's going to break next." :???:

Sorry, no pics convenient.