• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How long have you had your HUMVEE

IroncladGA

Got my M1037 in 1991, completely restored it, and it has never left the garage since.
I atually think NDT gets the title belt... 21 years as I count it. I thought they were only released in the 1996/1999? sale. How did you get one back in '91?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I atually think NDT gets the title belt... 21 years as I count it. I thought they were only released in the 1996/1999? sale. How did you get one back in '91?
It was a pre-production prototype, one of 14 or so that AM General sent to the crusher. Lets just say somehow they escaped that fate. Mine had a severely bent frame and lots of other problems from being torture tested.

battlebuggy

In 1996, just before the first of the USMC sales, there was according to most experts, approx 6 humvees were in private hands in the US. They were selling for an average price of up to 55K. These were legitimately sold by AMG and made their way in to the used vehicle market. The rest of the civilian market was the civilian sale version which also sold for very high prices.

Last edited: