• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how long is long trailer test trip

dmetalmiki

45 ft recovery trlr rolls deck to road when unlocked and lines diconnected. h/brrakes applied. wrecker NOSES the deck back and down. rear ramp comes UP to level with road for loading. I put my ambulance and deuce on. then pull back and it rolls rearward and level and locks. connect aire lines remove handbrake turn the wrecker around (connect PALMS and lights to DOLLY and all ready to go. I will try post pics of my trail run below. (7th attempt!)

Attachments

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

another addition

I secured this marvorlouse truck this week..OH it's NOT orriginal but It looks the part..and goes very very well..and has MANY extra features in keeping and is a show winner and people puller..last show of the year (rememberence day) and it took best in show! it also pulls the recovery trailer my M62 wrecker pulls no problem..every single item including ALL mechanics are A1 100% order. I will post more detailed pictures later.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I love your new truck.... what was the camper enclosure originally used for and the 5 ton it's sitting on, what was it originally?

Thanks for posting.

dmetalmiki

the truck is an M54A2 (used to see it every year at beltring dutch freind of many years had it. he sold it to scotland and the guy put it in the condition u c. HAGLAN body .has camping stuff in and full electrics. rotating radar dish TWO generators!.bits boxes and extras all over the place..(am goint to post pics when i can take some) H U G E wheels and tyres..the truck is a REO 1954. drives beut. cruises at 60mph (1500 rpms)no prob. silent thanks to cab insulation and hard top. str8 thro stacks C whistling turbo. one finger steering!101% brakes

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks