• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How long should glow plugs last??

kcbbqguru

Does anyone know how long a set of glow plugs should last before needing to be replaced? I have had a hard time starting the past few days with the cold snap. I looked all over forum, but hasn't found anything, thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No answer to that.

Too many variables.

Some questions that could help narrow down an approximate answer to your question:

Are you running a totally stock GP system? Are there mods or repairs done to the system? Which plugs do you have in it?

PS- I like that Doghead and Warthog are playing doppelganger. :goodjob:

Hasdrubal

I've been running AC60's with a manual push button system for 10 years. I get a minimum of 4 years out of them , some have lasted as long as 6. They're easy to test, less than 5 minutes. Just replace the faulty ones, no need to replace all 8. When its really cold you need a longer burn cycle, even then mine take a few seconds of cranking. At warmer temps engine fires immediately.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With a multi-meter. You measure resistance(ohms). 1-3 ohms.

Covered in the -20TM.