• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many 9 series trucks are left for auction??

Rifleman

I have a friend who is active duty over in the sand box right now and he has told me that they have lots full of hummers (thousands of them) along with some M939 that are all going to be left behind when we pull out of there. He said that some of the Hummers have battle damage, others have full armor kits but most are in running condition, he said they still use the M939 to move troops and ammo around the base but on patrols out to the FOB's they only use the MRAP'. He said that the powers to be told him that it just costs too much to ship the Hummers and M939 home so they are just going to give them to the host country, our tax dollars at work winning hearts and minds.

Scarecrow1

Just an fyi, No 9 series truck, i think it safe to say its the 939 series , as for the 800s , that would be the 809 series. :) As cool as this site is, i do get a kick out of making up numbers that are not correct. :) just cooler to use the correct ID , Makes one sound like they know what they are talking about also. :)
Most of us on here do know the series numbers but instead of naming every model number in that series including the a1 and a2s it just a short cut of time for those who do know

jarhead1086

I drive past the Ogden UT DDO on a regular basis and I have been seeing the rows of Hummers building up as well as FMTV's. A lot are armored. I also see deliveries of 9's coming in for overhaul, many of which don't look like they need it. Nice tires and paint on the way in. I sure wish they would let me go shopping with my Costco card.

Carlo

I have seen a warehouse at Aviano with M35A2, 923,925's and even M52's! You ask when are these going to be released and no one knows anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks