• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many dueces

nattieleather

Remember the M35A3 were M35A2 sent to AMG and torn down and rebuilt...so if you count them would you be counting a truck twice? Onces as an M35A2 and once as an M35A3?

HeadWizard

nattieleather said:
Remember the M35A3 were M35A2 sent to AMG and torn down and rebuilt...so if you count them would you be counting a truck twice? Onces as an M35A2 and once as an M35A3?
Actually I think you would take the square of the number of converted Deuces and then divide by 2.5. then add the number of Bobbed deuces and subtract the number of M36's. From that you subtract the number of deuces in Hawaii (because they don't count since it's too expensive to ship them anywhere). You then have the base number of deuces for this comparison. Gimpyrob will then do the final math calculations to get the final answer to your number of deuces question.

Does that answer your question :?:

mcmullag

well....

I asked DD about this a few months ago....he stated briefly that 150,000 M35's were made at the South Bend plant. ( I took that to mean that many more were made but there's a start for ya)

54reo

HeadWizard said:
Actually I think you would take the square of the number of converted Deuces and then divide by 2.5. then add the number of Bobbed deuces and subtract the number of M36's. From that you subtract the number of deuces in Hawaii (because they don't count since it's too expensive to ship them anywhere). You then have the base number of deuces for this comparison. Gimpyrob will then do the final math calculations to get the final answer to your number of deuces question.

Does that answer your question :?:
:funny:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...and they'll all be gone (out of the system) by early next year or so I was told by someone that knows more than most of us about this issue. I cannot reveal my sources unfortunately...

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: How many

CanonNinja said:
kendelrio said:
I have one, my buddy has 29.... that makes 48!

say what?!

My buddy is one of the brothers that have the deuce "business". Selling and working on them etc.

Yup, J.B. is the essential M/V nut. He is a walking encyclopedia of knowledge.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BKubu said:
...and they'll all be gone (out of the system) by early next year or so I was told by someone that knows more than most of us about this issue. I cannot reveal my sources unfortunately...
Don't think so - they will still keep the M35A3. Also, you know as well as anyone that these things will be dribbling out for years. Heck, they just auctioned off in the past couple years two M211 type trucks, several M55 series 5-tons, a couple M543s, and 1 M37. When were they retired? Where have they been sitting? I guarantee if the surplus system remains open, you'll still see M35A2s coming out 5 or 10 years from now. Maybe not as many, but they will be coming out.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, I would not plan on it. If you or anyone else wants a deuce, now is the time...or buy retail. I, for one, will DEFINITELY be looking for a really clean deuce this year. Take that for what it is worth. If you want to try to bid on the 1's and 2's that may happen to trickle out in the future, be my guest. I can say that, once the tidal wave of deuces is over, and they start to trickle out, every newbie that wants a truck is going to over pay for one. I want to steer clear of that mess. By the way, the M809 series are not long for the system either. Believe it if you want...or not...possibly at your own financial peril.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
True, Bruce. But I already have my keeper! :) Don't plan on overbidding either, if the bidding start climbing, I'll buy cheaper things. Only things that are newer that I foresee I'd want to buy possibly in the future are a 900-series cargo, a wrecker (any type), and maybe a HEMTT, but I'll have to win the lottery for that!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My thought is that I'd rather not have to be in a position to be fighting for the last M543A2 or M123A1C that is coming out. By the way, the 10 ton stayed cheaper than I thought, but it went higher than I've seen for the last two that came out a couple of years ago. This is what I'm trying to point out.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And that isn't the last M123A1C, there is one at Ft. Campbell that is in the yard, the engine is removed and sitting next to it, from what another Steel Soldier told me. Surely not as nice as the M123 that closed yesterday, but like I said, there always is one more waiting to come out.

saddamsnightmare

Duece Wild??? or Captive!!!!

May 25th, 2008.

I've got 1(yes,ONE!) 1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W 686A Tan "Saddam's Nightmare", Vietnam and Desert Storm Veteran, who just survived a 450 mile round trip Paris,TX to Norman,OK and back......... Normally Aspirated LD465 engine, makes her own smoke screen when she's running cold or pulling hard.....

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Vietnam and Desert Storm Veteran
1968 Johnson Mfg. Co.M105A2 Cargo Trailer, Ok.A.NG. Unit
1967 Hercules MEP23A Gas Generator Set
1963 Swiss Army Unimog, Cargo Version, S404.114 Mercedes Benz. :beer:

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: Duece Wild??? or Captive!!!!

I've got 2......looking for number 3 right now.....and looking at buying a M135 soon I think.....Sorry ORFW...you might have to get a bigger place!Or open up that rear building to vehicle storage!!!

Re: RE: Duece Wild??? or Captive!!!!

FreightTrain said:
I've got 2......looking for number 3 right now.....and looking at buying a M135 soon I think.....Sorry ORFW...you might have to get a bigger place!Or open up that rear building to vehicle storage!!!

OOOO I got storage room.. lets bring all the green iron we can handle lol.. I can always grow or get more room.. You know whats coming :lol: :lol:

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: Re: RE: Duece Wild??? or Captive!!!!

that is why I said that...I KNOW.....and I am working EVERY second of OT they will allow me!hee hee hee.I can bid on stuff at work if I really want it....Gotta love the super phone!Muh ha ha ha.You really need to borrow one of your kinfolks rigs!We gonna need it!