• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many M1101s on a 16' trailer?

Smokinyoda

Im looking to find out how many M1101s can be safely hauled on a 16' trailer.

Also a picture showing how they were loaded would be much appreciated.

wvu dodge

I vote 2, and whether or not you manage to get the first one on will depend on the width of your trailer if its a lowboy. I've seen the 16ft lowboys range from 78" to 84". Depending on your width between the steel, you may need to ram it through the fenders. If your 7' or less width, you'll be making contact with something width-wise.

Last edited:

Smokinyoda

Yea that's all I could come up with based on the 1101s dimensions. Could have swore I read on here about someone hauling 3 on a 16 footer, I just couldn't figure out how. May be ahead to leave the 16' trailer home and just flip one of the 1101s upside down on top of another and strap it down real good. That is if Atlanta GL will still load them like that. Will call Monday to find out.

FloridaAKM

You can't just buy one. A friend of mine bought three from an auction central Georgia. He hooked his trailer, 16 footer, but I don't know which one, to his Duece, loaded his Chevy truck on the trailer & went to pick his new toys up. Three trailers would not fit on the 16 footer, so he hooked one to his Chevy truck & the other two were strapped to the 16' trailer & he & his brother drove the whole mini convoy home.

If I every find one a Duece that I can recover, one of those trailers is slated to be mine. :)

Last edited:

AVFD8

The top trailer is strapped down by the d rings. If you look close you can see the straps on the front of it. I was stopped by New York DOT with this load because I did not have DOT numbers on my pickup which were not required because I was not hauling commercially. I was transporting them for my fire department. They were happy with the securement.

Last edited:
I got 6 on a 32' bumper pull. Could have fit more but that is about all I would want to try to haul (based on weight). If I hauled this many again I would put the bottom trailers upside down, and the top trailers sitting on top of those with tires staggered. It works out right in my head :)

IMG_20140304_133726_674-1.jpg