• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How Many M939 Trucks Available Through GL This Year? Next Year?

brasco

I have seen comments in a couple of posts on SS that there a a bunch of 5 ton trucks coming through GL this year? Is there any way to know what trucks are coming up before they show up on the auction sites? Are there 5000 trucks left to sell? 10,000 trucks left? Can anybody know for sure? I'm trying to figure out how much longer the 5 tons will be sold on GL.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have seen comments in a couple of posts on SS that there a a bunch of 5 ton trucks coming through GL this year? Is there any way to know what trucks are coming up before they show up on the auction sites? Are there 5000 trucks left to sell? 10,000 trucks left? Can anybody know for sure? I'm trying to figure out how much longer the 5 tons will be sold on GL.
NO

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
There's been several similar threads in the recent past. My information is more than just mere speculation. How many make it to sale is different than the number being sent through DRMO and the number waiting to go to DRMO. Matter of fact, will everyone that needs to pick up their trucks, pick up their trucks ASAP. The DRMO's need more room so we some of us other folks can buy.

Oh, and I wouldn't be looking at using the 939 series as a money making profit move at this time.

mahdey

I always crack up when I see these clowns trying to sell 5 tons and what not for 10k to 20k on ebay as well as some of these site sponsors. However, a sucker is born everyday.

Rifleman

As far as the resale value goes, if that law in GA is not changed, and if other states were to adopt the same laws, that would have a big impact on the value of all our trucks.

Gunzy

The is a company local to me(Not Boyce) that quoted $26K to me for a Frankencab M923A2. I think he is nuts, but somebody is paying that for them.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The is a company local to me(Not Boyce) that quoted $26K to me for a Frankencab M923A2. I think he is nuts, but somebody is paying that for them.
There was one that sold out of GL here in michigan awhile back that sold for just shy of $15,000 with taxes and fees.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I always crack up when I see these clowns trying to sell 5 tons and what not for 10k to 20k on ebay as well as some of these site sponsors. However, a sucker is born everyday.
Absolutely concur. Just did a thread on how folks can find it cost effective to keep listing stuff on ebay over and over and over again. It's made me stop scratching my butt and started scratching my head (after I washed my hands).

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, and I wouldn't be looking at using the 939 series as a money making profit move at this time.
I'm actually wishing I had bought a couple more just for that reason. Of course, at the time this thread was originally posted it didn't make sense to do that.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Been wondering the same....the only thing I can add Is that I have been converting 931's and 2's to short beds.
it takes about 40hrs labor to cut and mend a bed, then mount it,secure weld new brackets amd paint. Adding all the lighting correctly is another 6-8 hrs plus all the parts, wire, connectors, splitters....then there is the cost of the bed, 500-1500 plus shipping....so only then do I get to 10k or more....and that's a mint rebuild with low low miles and hours. The last is cutting down the troop seats...that means finding them...that's another PITA cuz folks don't wanna part with them....at least, that's my experience.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks