• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many M945A2 Bridge trucks are out there? Did they ever make one?

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen the M945A1 bridge truck in some pictures online, but did they ever make any M945A2 bridge trucks with CTIS and the 8.3 Cummins? It sounds like that truck would be a beast with the bigger dual tires, rear drag winch, CTIS and other goodies. Username 74M35A2 and I were talking about it the other day and they must have had something screw on the valve stems for the CTIS to make that work correctly. Are the Bridge Trucks over the legal width limit for the road (like the M123 Macks are)?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think only the 945 as the Army changed the bridges to HEMTT's and Marines to Mk48 with the LHS.

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave, how do the rear drag winches work on these? Do they have level wind in the rear or no? Do you have any pictures of the rear winch? Does the rear winch get its power from the same hydraulic system as the front winch? Thanks for your time.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Tom,

The attached TM5-5420-209-12 covers the ribbon bridges but specifically covers the bridge transporter truck operation for the M812 & M945 models. There is a section on the rear winch hydraulic set up which is separate and looks unique to these trucks.

The Parts are listed in the Tm 5-5420-209-24P

Attachments

74M35A2

I like the 10 wheeler setup, but don't want to lose my working CTIS. I just purchased a second Garwood 20k hydraulic winch for the rear of my M925A2. It will drop right between the frame rails just behind the rear axle under the bed. Use 24V solenoid valve block to actuate. Want to change front winch to solenoid and air engaged PTO also, and ditch the winch lever control tower completely.

Thanks for your homework Wild****

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks