• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many miles can you go with a M1009

91W350

Either you have a very heavy foot, do a lot of idle time, or have a fuel delivery issue. I normally fuel around 350 miles, but do not really get worried until it is approaching 450 miles. My son ran my M1008 out of fuel and it was not nearly as bad as I expected.

12vctd

17mpg avg you would be at 340 miles with just 20 gallons of fuel, with very little idle time. And 459 miles on a full tank. Starving the inj pump is not a good thing. even at 15 mpg u should be over 330 miles.

2deuce

I have heard the tank holds 25 or 27 gallons but I just put 19 in mine which is the lowest I have let it get. The gauge on mine reads empty at 15 gallons down so I don't take any chances, but I'am curious about how low you have guys let yours get and how much of those 27 gallons you have found are useable.
Thanks

12vctd

also make sure none of your breaks are dragging, whats the smoke condition on the truck? theres alot of things you can tell us to help diagnose your problems truck might just need to be timed.

2deuce

How many gallons are you putting in it to get that 330? Are you running 31" tires? If they are bigger you are going farther than the odometer shows. There are sites on the web that will give the conversion factor between tire sizes. My mileage increased when I installed a good IP and fixed a leaking injector and fuel pump. The fuel pump leak began to show as a spot under the truck but the injector leak was only detectable with the engine running and the hood up as it would drip on the exhaust manifold. I was losing 3 to 5 mph even before the leaks became noticeable, which I attribute mostly to the bad IP, by installing a good IP it made a big difference in efficiency.
Still curious on how many gallons are useable in the tank before you get air. I hate to push it too close to empty but the price of fuel varies alot out here. There can be a 50 cent a gallon difference in 10 miles between stations and brands. It can be worth it to go the extra mile if you can. I have never put more than 20 gallons in my tank before it topped out.
Thanks

OL AG '89

lindy's right just like POTUS said and you might want to drive DOWN hill more often.....
I'm getting 16mpg in mine and I fill up whenever the urge hits me..... weekend trips or after the boys have been driving it..... Gauge is next item on list as its NMC..... cant decide where to start at the gauge or the sending unit.... decisions ...decisions

Crash_AF

I regularly get 425-450 out of an in town tank (~20MPG)... about 375-400 out of a highway tank (~16MPG) and fill at about an eighth. It usually takes 23 gal to fill. Doing 65-70 on the highway kills my mileage.

Later,
Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks