• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many people get incorrect titles?

greenjeepster

Of people who have bought trucks through GL, how many have received titles with incorrect vin numbers? I have received two so far and they charge $30.00 to correct them... I am not impressed.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't say as I have had any issue.
Two or three that I had won, had the incorrect vin in the auction paperwork.
After I picked them up, I took the actual vin and put it on the SF97 application.
When I received my SF97 & Florida transfer papers they had the vin I had put down on the application.

So, No problems at all.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've bought and titled quite a few trucks. The sf97 always has came with the same info I put on the form. Do you get a title instead of a sf97?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you rely on the VIN # listed in the auction info? I never apply for a title until I have the truck in front of me and I can personally verify the titling information. I have not had any title mistakes, but I'd complain if THEY made a mistake and they tried to charge me to fix their error. I take screen shots of the title request screen for my reference later basically to verify what I have requested.

Hooty481

The last truck I bought from GL was my m818 and there was 2 numbers that were backwards when I got the title. I went and was getting it transfered into my name andthat when we cought it. They said they would transfer it and then to a vin correction. didn't cost me a thing. but yea it has happened to me.

Flyingvan911

The VIN for my deuce was incorrect on the auction page. I had it corrected when I applied for thhe SF-97. GL even contacted me just to be sure the correction was correct. My Arizona title came in correct. One of the GL guys misread 1 digit in the VIN. I think they were in a hurry, honest mistake.

Always check the data plate!

Psywarrior

OK, now I have questions. I am buying an M1009 from a guy that basically does contract resales for the MCSD out of Barstow. What do I have to do to get this thing titled? What is the SF97? Can I not just go in with a bill of sale and get a title?

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't say as I have had any issue.
Two or three that I had won, had the incorrect vin in the auction paperwork.
After I picked them up, I took the actual vin and put it on the SF97 application.
When I received my SF97 & Florida transfer papers they had the vin I had put down on the application.

So, No problems at all.
Same here.

I now check the VIN carefully before applying for the sf97.

hwcurtice

I don't think GL messed up on my title, but my state DOL did. They put the model number in the VIN location. 9 months later, yeah, they said I needed to send them a digital copy of my data plate showing the correct VIN.

The instructions were really funny.

"Print out a digital copy" Um, once you print it out, it ain't digital.

Yeah, I emailed it too...

So now I have a new title, no charge for their muck up...

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought a 1985 M1009 from GL, picked it up, a week later after I had verified the vin and applied for the Sf97 my insurance company let me know the vin was for a 1986 not a 1985 as the auction indicated.. I emailed the title dept at GL to see if they could change the year on the SF97 before I got it, no problem was the reply.

greenjeepster

I submit it after I pick up the truck and verify it. It just sounded like something GL would do to make a few extra bucks which is why I asked, I am glad it turns out to not be a chronic problem.

greenjeepster

Update

After waiting a few weeks for the replacement SF-97 it arrived, and it was exactly the same as it was the first time... Wrong.

So I contacted the title dept at GL again and here is the reply I received.

I am extremely sorry for the mistake again. I will process the new SF97 today and get it overnighted to our government office. They will get it overnighted back to me and I will get it signed and sent to you. We are going to see about getting all the money you have paid refunded back to you. Please stand by and I will get it taken care of as fast as possible. Sorry again.
Followed up today with:

I just received an email that the government sent your SF97 overnight today so I will have it back tomorrow and will get it in the mail as soon as I get it back and signed. Thank you again for your patience!
I have to give Megan at GL a hand for going above and beyond on this one[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks