• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many R-2 crashtrucks still alive?

bigugh20

As the title says, "how many R-2 crash-trucks are known to be still in existence? I know that the trucks are rare, but how rare?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

citizensoldier

They only made 300 and some change of them to begin with.. I have one but its been hacked up by the forest service... I know of about 10 scattered around the country in various stages of dis-repair to mint..
Did you get one?

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I know of 2 seperate ones within 45 min from me that could be restored. They are rare but , ive seen alot lately for some reason. Trick is not over paying for a bad one and finding all the things for the inside of it..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is one around the corner from me. Complete exterior, some interior mods made, no BII. Extra motor and parts with it.

WarrenD

There was a mint one for sale a few months back, I just don't recall where I saw the ad. Maybe Supply Line?

citizensoldier

If your not trying to completely restore one they do make very fun, tough trucks. The longer wheelbase rides better than the shorty M37. With some creativity you can make a real cool trail truck out of one.

I eventually took the plow off it and put some HUMMV troop seats in and other M series stuff.. I love my "Argyle"!

Attachments

bigugh20

I don't know if this one is actually restorable or not. I believe that the inside is gutted and the shell has at least one big hole cut in it. The rest of the truck is rusted to heck too. The word is that a previous owner was trying to make a camper out of it. I'm just trying to establish how much of an obligation I have to restore it if I do get it.

citizensoldier

Buy it! Get it running and drive the **** out of it! If its missing all the goodies its very hard and financially draining to find them. They are out there or were out there when I was looking but spread in all 4 corners of the universe. I put one foot on the resto road and quickly changed my mine. I rather have something to enjoy and use every day. Post pics if you get it. You can also check in the G741 site. Roby keeps a detailed list of trucks around the country "world" and you can access the list. There are also some M37 gooroos on it and if you prod them just right they very helpful.

bigugh20

Yea Mike, that's the one that I have in mind. It is kind of cut up isn't it? I was just up that way a couple of weeks ago. I looked at a bunch of trucks, but that is the one that I keep coming back around to.

citizensoldier

The one at Winslow's has been there for many years.
Yes that one has been there for a while.. I kicked it around but logistical error played a big part..
OD iron Mike picked this one up in FL about a year ago.. I am not sure what he did with it??

Attachments

bigugh20

Man I should have just let it lie until the truck was at my house. That thing has been there for years, but I open my mouth and someone else is gonna decide that they have to have it.aua

tamangel

Thought I'd put pics from the link in post #5 above just in case it disappears..

I also put a link to this conversation on the mil fire truck thread, page 5..

Mike

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks