• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many rattle cans for 3 color camo?

trider

I am going to be painting my truck soon and am thinking I will use Rapco paints. I am going to do the 3 color camo. I was going to go ahead and order the rattle cans of brown and black and a few cans of rattle can green for touch up. My question is if I paint the truck green then use rattle cans for brown and black how many rattle cans of brown and black will I need? I am trying to get all the rattle cans I need at once and only pay shipping once. Can I use Rapco rattle cans over Behr paint if I decide to go that route or is that a no go?

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
A case(12) of Brown and a case of Black, but id use the Industrial Rustoleum Black from Lowes(comes in a long silver can) in place of the CARC sub black. It looks and sprays a lot better to me. But Rapco's black is good too. I cant say if you can spray it over Behr paint, I would think so , but you can just spray the Rapco 383 green in spots like the brown and black , you don't need to paint the truck green first unless you want to. You will use green the very most as you know, with most of the truck being that color

You might have a few cans left over but you can use them for touch ups. Beats ordering a couple cans at a time.

Last edited:

RAYZER

You can paint over the Behr with spray cans after cured.
I used galespi (which I think is the same as rapco) on a truck (single color) 3 years ago, it looked good for awhile but now it's badly faded from the sun on the topsides.
I just started painting my camo cargo deuce using Behr Premium Ultra and having it mixed to the federal standard codes, i also used the Behr premium ultra on my m146 trailer and it's holding up really well.uploadfromtaptalk1405478693251.jpg

KansasBobcat

I've used 3-4 cases repainting M998 HMMWV. A lot was wasted doing small parts. I primed everything and used one can of primer for every can of black . brown, and green. I agree you will need more green and least of brown. RAPCO shipping is very fast. Ask for April. Don"t know about Behr but seems to work great over CARC. Be sure to follow instructions on shaking. Warming cans in Texas sunshine makes it spray better. Good luck, Bob

Flyingvan911

I used over a gallon of Rapco 383 green to cover the truck (thinned with 20% Xylene). Then I painted the black and brown with Rapco rattle cans. I agree with the amount of rattle can mentioned above. Almost half the truck is black when you do the math.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A full sized Deuce can be done with 18-20 cans of 383 from Rapco. M813 takes about 24. Couple or three cans of primer for the bad spots.

Never done a camo paint job....yet.

trider

I used over a gallon of Rapco 383 green to cover the truck (thinned with 20% Xylene). Then I painted the black and brown with Rapco rattle cans. I agree with the amount of rattle can mentioned above. Almost half the truck is black when you do the math.
So you agree a case of brown and a case of black rattle cans?

bonedoc

I'm planning on painting mine by the end of the summer. I was figuring on 2 gallons of primer. 2 gallons of green and then a case of black and a case of brown in rattle cans. Does that sound like enough to paint an entire deuce or am I seriously short changing myself?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks