• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many turns for combat mode.

Matt0729

How many turns does it take to go into combat mode on the fuel shut off. Is it a for sure thing that it will bypass all electrical. I got one rotation of the knob and had to use pliers.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Start putting lube on the threads and get it working good and just finger tight till full open or closed. I forget how many complete turns . More than one turn and less than fifty.

Matt0729

Just trying to rule out every possibility before i get an injection pump. Thanks to Wes simpsons video I will attempt the removal install myself. What does everyone think about rebuilds. C&C wanted about $2000

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just trying to rule out every possibility before i get an injection pump. Thanks to Wes simpsons video I will attempt the removal install myself. What does everyone think about rebuilds. C&C wanted about $2000
Rebuilds are $750 or so. That is on the top end. You can check with Taylor Diesel in Memphis. They do most pumps for under that price.

Matt0729

Yeah that's a lot more reasonable. There's a lot of mixed reviews of rebuilds on the internet but I guess not everything you read on the internet is true.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yeah that's a lot more reasonable. There's a lot of mixed reviews of rebuilds on the internet but I guess not everything you read on the internet is true.
I run them for lots and lots of miles. And yes those are my videos on YouTube you have been watching

Last edited:

Crf450x

Combat mode? :ROFLMAO: Does the TM REALLY call it that?
Not likely considering all pt pumps have that. I don’t know why but it kills me when people think these things are full of military only specialties

No idea on cost but the place I always see recommended is premco.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It's actually called battle short mode and this is specific to any piece of military equipment, not just the pt pumps.

Battleshort (sometimes "battle short") is a condition in which some military equipment can be placed so it does not shut down when circumstances would be damaging to the equipment or personnel. The origin of the term is to bridge or "short" the fuses of an electrical apparatus before entering combat, so that the fuse blowing will not stop the equipment from operating.

The gennys have the button on it listed as battle short.