• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How Many Ways Can I Disable a 939 Series 5-Ton?

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are lots of threads on locking things up. What I want to do is disable my pretty new M925 which is soon to be left unattended down at the farm. I would like to make it as hard to steal as possible.

What I have done so far:

1. Locking Door Handles

2. Keyed Battery Disconnect Switch

3. Steering Wheel Chain and Lock

So any ideas on what else can be done that would make it difficult for an unauthorized dirt bag to take off with it, while still being relatively easy for me to fire it up and use it when I want to?

Specifically, how about pulling the Emergency Stop handle? Is that something that can easily be reset with the hood open while checking the oil? I know, the answer is in the TMs, but several of you guys [probably Ron] knows the answer off the top of your heads.

Ideas on a fuel shutoff perhaps, that can be installed without major modifications?

You guys are an ingenious bunch. Let's hear it.

Thanks!

BS

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
security

HI I was a fulltime mechanic in the cal guard,the kill switch u did is good also can make a brace under dash and a hasp type thing that will come out next to shift lever. Then drill a hole in it and use a long shank pad lock,around shifter and in hole line it up so shifter is in reverse the trk will not start then.
1 more thing is a cage around air tank valves and a lock then leave them open with no air even if they get it started,it will not move.

I hope these are a help.

supermechanic

Another one, Fabricate a stopper for behind the air filter,(goes between the element and the intake pipe).
Engine will crank, but not run, worst case is maybe a potential thief will kill your batteries, or toast the starter, but the truck remains.

saddamsnightmare

September 21st, 2012.

Padlock the emergency brake in the applied position with a new bracket made up to fit the hand brake mounting bolts.... Padlock the transfer case lever in "Low" range, make an adapter to lock the "Master" switch in the off position and also block the engine stop handle (if like a deuce) in the "Out or "Stopped"position....:shock:

M923driver

Insurance- full coverage with agreed value.

:ditto: The best option, in my humble opinion. No matter how many locks are on it, a determined thief with lots of time in an isolated location will get it. I'd be worried about the potential damage to the truck from an idiot trying to bend or break off locks and brackets on the shifter/park brake/ect. I do still use the steering wheel chain and locking door latches to keep kids out, and I keep it covered, but that's it. Hope you like your 925 as much as I do my 923!

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do this when I park my truck for a event.
I also like the idea of pulling the Emergency Stop handle and the padlock in the steeling u-joint.

1. Locking Door Handles

2. Keyed Battery Disconnect Switch

3. Steering Wheel Chain and Lock

But if they want it and have the time they will get it.

Attachments

goldneagle

Trip the emergency shut off and padlock the hood.
Take all the tires off and put it on jack stands.
Park it against a large tree and park a civi vehicle behind it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A AP round though the block will do a super job of DISABLEING a 931

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks