• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much did you buy your deuce for? Just Daydreaming.....

Loco_Hosa

Just wondering how much yall paid, and what kind of shape it was in. Sadly I cant really buy one yet... not practical living in a downtown apartment.... Parking would be a female dog in heat.

I have frequently day dreamed about how much fun it would be to deliver pizza in a Deuce. Just for the fun of it we (myself and best friend) were plotting out how we could do it, the idea being to run it on Veggi oil. The funny part is that I currently deliver in a pickup that gets 15 mpg, and gas costs over $3 a gallon. Around here veggie oil can be obtained for only $1 a gallon, and with an average fuel economy of 9mpg, I would be winning!

The real problem we thought of would be parking...

Then, we day dreamed a little farther. Turbo charged Cummings diesel, run a good programmer, a 6 speed manual tranny, and somehow put an alternative transfer case in that would allow me to select 6wd or just rear drive. Then we decided that we would need a gear vendors overdrive, and then it would be perfect!

The conversation then turned to some other cool silly stuff like adjustable air bag suspension.... ect.

Then we decided that we would need to add a train style cow catcher, then we would be perfectly set up for the zombie Apocalypse!

Somehow the girl friend still says no.... Lame >.<

EDIT: Just picture it for a second with me, a deuce with a Dominoes sign on top?

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have frequently day dreamed about how much fun it would be to deliver pizza in a Deuce.
That would be fun for about 15 minutes.

Find a local member who has a deuce. Give him $50 for fuel and have him take you around town in a lot of stop and go traffic.

Loco_Hosa

That would be fun for about 15 minutes.

Find a local member who has a deuce. Give him $50 for fuel and have him take you around town in a lot of stop and go traffic.
Im sure your correct, but its such a fun idea! I just cant help but picture my boss's face when I drove up in a deuce :)

Even still, anyone near Tacoma want to go for a joy ride? Never ridden in the front of a deuce... :)

Bighurt

Just put a pizza oven in the back with an MEP-002, screw delivery you can make pizza on site...LOL

I used to use mine as a grocery getter, till I ran out of funds.

She may only move at half the sped of smell but it's fun as **** driving through town seeing the looks on peoples faces. Now I just need that M818...

americana

Skip a gym membership this summer buy a deuce. It will fit in one parking spot, line to line hopefully nobody parks you in for there sake ....:driver:

Loco_Hosa

Skip a gym membership this summer buy a deuce. It will fit in one parking spot, line to line hopefully nobody parks you in for there sake ....:driver:
Rofl, my C20 has trailer towing mirrors on it, and is my delivery rig every day (for over a year now) and the parking spaces are actually not as wide as the mirrors! just the other day I got bitched out by my co worker for parking to close to his top dollar Kia. (/sarcasm) He felt stupid when I showed that I was actually ON the other parking line!

But at the apartment its all parallel parking, which seems.... interesting in a deuce. :p

I just saw a M1008 come up on Ft Lewis, with keys and runs, so if it doesn't immediately skyrocket out of my price range, I may start my collection next week :D

The amazing thing is right now I actually deliver pizza on Ft Lewis and have mentioned how much fun it would be delivering in a Deuce, the feedback has been 100% positive :p

Loco_Hosa

after doing dommino's for about a year in a crappy town, the only way I would deliver Pizza again is in a deuce with a .50 on top.
I have been delivering for over 3 years now, and actualy deffected from domino's to papa johns. Just the other night I made $40 in only 5 delivery's, plus my hourly. I think its fun most nights, just hate most of the people that end up being managers in pizza places.... definitely the cream of the crop

Loco_Hosa

It would look like "bowling for cars" parking.... If they were faster as a get away vehicle you could charge spectators a small fee and have apartment complex Monster Jam
That has to be the post of the day!

All I can picture is using the winch to pull an escaping car back :)

jollyroger

I really like dreaming about deliving pizza in a deuce. I think this is about the only way I would do it unless it was in a Ferrai. It would have to be one of the extremes. I would have to agree with the in town traffic would make the novelty wear off in about a half hour post. And I don't know if you could make the half hour or less mark. However if the weather was so bad, like 2 feet of snow, and you were the only guy out delivering pizza that's something to dream about.......My suggestion is to buy a deuce for the Sunday drive effect and keep it at a grandparrents house or your buddies farm or something until you can move out of the city. Or befriend someone that has a deuce and work on it for them in exchange for being able to drive it to Sonic on occasion till you can get the facilities you need.

There ain't nothing wrong with dreaming though.[thumbzup]

Snarky

Mine was 7000$ with:

fresh green paint
six reasonable quality 15.5 Michelins
fresh oil and filters, fluids checked
a half tank of diesel
little rust
a heater
hardtop
air engaged xfer case
all gauges working
vinyl camo cargo cover
bows
troop seats
lights working.
I drove this deuce 26 hours from Ohio to Texas, zero problems.

Generally from a private buyer 3000$ will get you a basic deuce with no winch.
4000$ will get you one with a winch.
The other features on these vary.

8000$+ will get you a good bobbed deuce (someone in my town is selling one for 11,000 :cookoo:)

700$ will usually get you a deuce from GL in unknown condition (its either perfect or has a hole in the engine) unless someone previewed it and has deeper pockets.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My deuce is at the other end of the price spectrum. $1225 for the truck, fees, title etc. Drove it 1100 miles home, the first 400 on Gov't fuel. Been driving it ever since with only normal maintenance. Of course I did swap the "D" turbo out for a nice "C" turbo.

Flyingvan911

I am waiting for the EUC on my $1859 deuce. It has a hard top, Personell heater (coolant), everything works, no leaks anywhere, tarp & bows, A3 tarp, Troop seats and good paint with a little rust. It also has a LDS-465-1A multifuel with a C turbo. I bought it from GL.

hklvette

$4k for mine from a guy that was storing it at our farm for the six months before I bought it. Still have $2k in payments to go, but should be able to take care of that shortly. When I bought it, it had new XLs under it (10 of 'em), but the lights didn't work and the engine is way out of tune. I need to hook it up with a pyro and fresh fuel to get it up to snuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks