• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much do you drive your bigger MV

andyindy

I work 7 days on and 7 off, and try to drive it to work at least once every "round". About 40 mi. round trip. When I'm off around the farm, every day, or every other day at least.The only exception is teens or colder,since I don't have a block heater or otherwise yet , and don't like to start em cold unless I have to. Had to have a MV fix yesterday evening tho, and it was 10 degrees and fired her up and headed to local table of knowledge (liars club) and lo and behold Doc Farmall was holding court!! :-D Really it's the table of friendship and vist with friends and folks coming and going in the restraunt. One of the really great things of living in a small town!!! Later, Andy..........

KaiserPower

Very little right now... she's up on jack stands having all the major PM's done along with brake checks and system bleedings. The effort now should avoid any extra work when the spring finally gets here.

offroaddiesel

iam with you on that andy ,i dont drive my duece much this winter ,been -0 alot and if it doesnt need to start ,it can sit.it will be used alot when it warms up. steve from western maine

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck hasn't moved since October, but it is used fairly often during the warmer weather in the Spring-Fall timeframe.

Barrman

I try to alternate between the Gasser and the whistler so one doesn't sit any longer than the other. Normally about 10-20 M35 miles a week. Only the Whistler gets to go on long runs anymore because of the multifuel aspect however. That normally adds another 100-200 miles a month to its use.

The M715 gets just about a full tank gas run through it each month as well.

Chow717

Have drove it 3 times in the last 3 months. It will mostly sit until warmer weather and the winter road salt is rain washed from the roads. I swear pavement feels like a gravel road with all the salt the township puts on the roads. My only gripe about winter...

timberline

Mileage driven varies! She ( her name is Fred ) is our only vehicle / home / cabin --- what we call it depends on where we park it! But I guess the real answe is 100% of the time.
Only way to travel!

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My "big" MV, a U-1300L Unimog, never saw military use...it went from production line with it's military brethren directly to a fire department as a fast response rescue truck. As such it had faster axle ratios, etc. I say that to take it out of the list of 'real' mil vees you guys have. I do notice the OD starting to show under the flaking paint on the grill though.

I drive it all the time and have put 26,000 km on it since Feb '08. Got an Alaskan Camper for it in Aug this year.

Bob

Hammer

I try and rotate through the four deuces I have sitting.
One doesn't have a top, so it only gets moved when the weather isn't too wet (unless I MUST move it). And the M109 doesn't get driven too much because I am using it for mobile storage right now. It drove 360 some odd miles home though, in some fairly heavy rain! So it's still a nice ride, even in the rain.

My best truck might start to get driven a lot more by my wife (it's HER truck after all...). She takes the back road to work anyways, so the overall speed will be about the same anyways.

baxter

I try and drive the m35a2 as often as I can, lately its been down with a blown lower radiator hose I just gotr that fixed but since I had the coolant out I decided to put in a block heater and cab heater. I hope to have her back on the road this weekend.:-D

2027Deuce

I drive the whistler every chance I get. Usually 15-20 miles to town and back. The gasser doesn't get driven at all right now, I am in the process of restoring it and just waiting for spring so I can get back at it.

Jakelc15

i drive my Deuce to and from work every day. The wife can't drive it so she gets the '06 Jeep. She's only 4' 11" maybe 115lbs, can't see over the steering wheel and has to stand on the clutch to push it in. And yes, no power steering, maybe one day. I only live about 6 miles from work though. The heat starts to come out hot by the time I get to work in the morning. Then it's time to shut it down again. If it's not going to snow, then it needs to warm up!

offroadchev

Banned
Having just bought my first deuce i plan on driving it at least every sunday on a nice road trip at least. I will also use it to haul atv's and the like to tracks around here. And a trip to evarts is in the near future.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks