• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much does a deuce transmission weigh?

codedsolutions

I need to pickup a tranny from GL and the site manager as Kirtland, NM will not forklift anything into pickup trucks. I want to know if it is possible for a couple of corn-fed guys to lift a tranny into the bed of a pickup without injury.

Thanks

Greg@codedsolutions.net

Desert Rat

I never tried. I always had a forlift available for such things. Make it three or four guys and y'all should be fine. Have the fourth man lift the twelve pack for the rest of y'all!

Wyattearp

I would expect 2 healthy guys should do the job, one on each end, just MAKE SURE you lift with your legs if not you will know it really quick. Alot of pple hurt themselves by forgetting that one simple rule.
Good Luck

rdixiemiller

The tranny probably weighs 300# or less. Throw a hydraulic engine hoist in the back of the truck and set it with that. I used to do that when I would buy something heavy in someones back yard. I would set the hoist on some pieces of plywood, pick up said heavy object, then back the pickup under it and set it down.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck, it I can drag one around and lift it onto the furniture dolly by myself then 2 cornfed guys can do it no problem. They are a light transmission.

codedsolutions

Thanks for the info.

I built a small pickup truck mounted jib hoist to load the tranny. It was overkill but it worked great. The shipping box the tranny came in said "288 lbs" so two guys could have mexican-hoisted it into a truck.

I saw a xfer case for a deuce sitting in the GL yard at Kirtland, NM... I imagine it will be up for auction soon in case anyone is interested. They didn't have anything cool in the yard, just a bunch of medical crap and chow hall deep fryers.