• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much fuel in an "Empty" tank?

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dunno, but my fuel gauge seems pretty accurate.... never had a problem with it running out. who knows... maybe someday it will act up and tell me i have more fuel than i actually have, not going to be fun!

Flyingvan911

Since I don't have a Jerry can yet. I don't let mine get below 1/2 tank. That puts the actual fuel level just below the bottom of the strainer/funnel. I also plan on buying a yard stick. I am going to make a holder for it out if PVC pipe.

Akicita

My gauge shows "full" until the fuel level gets close to the strainer. Then it quickly drops to about 3/4 and 1/2. I usually tank up when the gauge points to the 1/2 mark.

On my first trip from the dealer to my house, I fueled up at just below 1/4. The dealer had told me I should make it home on whatever was left in the tank when I picked the truck up but I didn't want to push my luck. After reading several threads on this board, I decided 1/2 is as low as I want to go.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yea, im sure kenny just said something like, "just drive the effin thing! no need to effin worry man!" hahaha. Those are some good guys, i should head up there and see whats new... been a while since "Test Drive Tom" paid a visit! :driver:

Barrman

Every 3 inches is about 10 gallons of fuel in the tank. Figure at least 5 gallons just to get the pump in the fuel on flat ground. Add in a hill and the pump will be sucking air. Just consider between the pump distance from the bottom and the difficulty involved with filling all the way to the top that the truck has 40 gallons that can be used in the tank.

Heavysteven

My fuel gauge is out to. Filled up the truck and it to empty....guess I need a sending unit or gauge or both. I have had to replace all my sending units so far. So much for electronics

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks