• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much grease should I buy?

socom688

So how much grease will I need to grease all 30something grease zerks? I ask because I need to know how many tubes of grease to get. Thanks

RAYZER

Ya, a pneumatic grease gun from harbor freight comes in handy when doing this, let us know exactly how many zerks
You find.

Cruceno

It'll depend on when they were last greased. I went through about a tube and a half on my first round, trying to make sure that I had forced out all the old grease and replaced it with new. I used much less on subsequent greasings.

F18hornetM

I buy a case at a time but I have a boat load of equipment that needs greasing. If you only have the M35 to grease I'd buy 3-4 tubes and not have to buy anymore for awhile. I did use 1 and part of another greasing the M813 couple weeks ago.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 34 grease zerks that I have found on my M814. There are at least that many on the M37, and I am still counting.

The Lincoln 18 volt battery powered grease gun is your friend..........

Big Z

1 tube should last at least a 3-4 thorough grease jobs if you do it frequently. Plan on burning through an extra tube the 1st time, getting old grease out.

Jeepsinker

No less than two tubes if you haven't greased the truck recently. Universal joints and tie rod ends take a lot of grease when they are dry. If you replace the front boots, pack the wheel bearings, and repack the knuckles you need about six pounds of grease, and that is just the front axle.

Flyingvan911

I keep a few tubes on hand. It doesn't take that much if you grease often. I start at the front of the deuce with the suspension and steering and work my way back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks