• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much is a high mileage Deuce worth?

houdel

How much is a high mileage Deuce worth? I'm considering a M35A2 w/winch, but it has 80,000+ miles on it. Listed as "running condition unknown", I've seen some pics of it and it looks in decent shape. Its about 400 miles from me so I'm not real inclined to drive down and take a look at it.

I've seen some postings claiming that Duece engines are durable enough to outlive your kids (mine are 5, 7, and 9). I'm pretty handy with tools, made a decent living with them a few years ago and am pretty well equipped. I've worked on 4x4s so I can handle pulling trannys, transfer cases & clutch & brake jobs. I'm confident that I could even do an in chassis overhaul (as long as I can find the parts). My only concern is I've never done much with diesels.

I'm really hot for a M35A2 w/winch and don't mind doing a reasonable amount of wrenching to get it fixed up. So the big question is, how high should I go sight unseen, considering I'm probably going to have to spend an additional $400-$800 to get it trucked up here?

What would you folks go on a truck like this?

baja_power

is it 400 miles south of you?

Most of these trucks were depot rebuilt a few times. Mine was rebuilt in '91 and has 32K on it since then. they replaced the speedo and tach with the hour/ mileage on them after each overhual. the trucks have tags on them telling you they have been rebuilt. im sure in the lifetime of my truck, it has seen 80K, its just been depot rebuilt. There might be a chance that they forgot to swap gauges or something..

houdel

Its at GL. Tried the local contact, dumb as a doorknob. Hasn't even been out to the yard to look at it.

houdel

Its at GL. Tried the local contact, dumb as a doorknob. Hasn't even been out to the yard to look at it. Kind of sounds like she doesn't even know where the storage yard is located.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks