• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much is too much fuel

jwells1993

Hey guys I’ve had my truck for almost a year, first deuce and first diesel mind you, the fella before me turned up the fuel not sure how much but I recently noticed the truck was making oil so I did the fdc bypass and I noticed a difference in power It’s definitely making more I’m just wondering what should I look for if it’s getting too much fuel?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The safest way is to install an exhaust temperature probe and gauge. Otherwise you have little idea how close to meltdown you are running your engine.

Unloaded on flat ground you might be ok but on long grades high exhaust temps can come up fairly quickly when the fuel is turned up.

If you do not want to monitor your EGT I advise you adjust the fuel as per TM.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

jwells1993

The safest way is to install an exhaust temperature probe and gauge. Otherwise you have little idea how close to meltdown you are running your engine.

Unloaded on flat ground you might be ok but on long grades high exhaust temps can come up fairly quickly when the fuel is turned up.

If you do not want to monitor your EGT I advise you adjust the fuel as per TM.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
theres a pyrometer on truck sorry i forgot to add that in

jwells1993

I got my pyro alarm set at 1150F and set my fuel accordingly when pulling a steep hill with my foot into it in 5th gear.

Ok that makes me feel a little better mine runnin up my hill today went over a grand and I remember someone telling me not to let it go over a grand so I got a little worried and got putted up the rest of the hill

davidb56

Im usually at 6-800F going down the road, but I dont have perfectly flat roads and more often than not, they are gravel, dirt, and pot holes with their own zip codes. But Hey, it keeps the gimmedats away.

jwells1993

ill take it out more see what it mainly runs at i just know that usually i take my hill in 3rd round 25mph and possibly 4th dogging if im alone today was 4th with all the power in the world but the pyrometer was a little over 1k so i backed off

Oerthedge21

1k degrees is perfectly fine, you're not going to melt your truck down at that. I believe the fuel was cranked up in mine before I got it, I'll hit 1000° just shifting gears from a dead stop. Cruises around 750-800. And pulling a hill it'll fly as hot as you're stupid enough to let it. I keep mine under 1300, to pull nay kind of decent hill there's no way to keep it under 1100°. The biggest hill I ever pulled was an 18% grade ~ 1 mile.long with about 1 1/2 ton in the bed. Couldn't stay below 1200° but I pulled it in 4th, light throttle. That truck wants nothing more than to move, and I have to actually back out of the throttle on hills to keep from getting too hot, has and absurd amount of power for what it is. Gets great fuel mileage too, my guess is somewhere around 10-11 unloaded

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks