• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much more inventory of HMMWVs does GovPlanet have?

Valiant

I know when they first announced selling HMMWVs to general public they said 4k trucks, but it looks like GovPlanet has sold more than that already. Some of those sales are probably resales and re-lists, but I would think the gov has a specific number of units they want to sell and I haven't seen anything since that 4k number. Has anybody heard anything new?

gem1410

Good question---NJ National Guard just sold 100 plus humvees on GP and it looks like the US Army has another 500 sitting around the base----I bet another 5000 will be sold over the next 3 years across the country----

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe in a few years the junkers will sell cheap....
BUT WAIT...buy one get second one free, with separate handling charge....

dilvoy

I figure that there are at least 50,000 Soft Skinned Humvees sitting around here and there. Hopefully they don't start a scrapping program to clean up the dusty corners of the Military Bases.

riderdan

The replacement process for the humvee will be long and slow. The government wants to replace humvees in non-combat roles with COTS vehicles, and in combat roles with the JLTV. But humvees will only be replaced as money comes available to buy replacements. I read somewhere that the army has about 250,000 humvees. So they will be trickling in to Gov Planet over the course of the next 10 years. I don't think the supply will completely dry up any time soon.

Valiant

I would think GSA would have some sort of announcement if they were going to increase the 4k mark considering all the hoopla with the 3 months EUC and "OFF-ROAD ONLY" fuss they make in selling them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks