• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much paint and which color for M998

cucvegas

How much paint should I buy to paint a humvee inside and out? Just doing solid green with black bumpers, etc.

Rapcoparts.com has GCI for $40/gal.

Which green color is recommended: CARC substitute or current issue lusterless Olive Drab, etc. ?

Sintorion

I went with Sherwin Williams CARC. It was about $100 for a gallon and a gallon was enough for an over spray inside and out with a little left over. The color match was perfect as was the finish. I looked at rapcoparts and even Behr as some have used. The only justification I could find in going non oem was cost and for $60 in the big scheme of things it wasn't worth it. I am glad I did because I saw one painted with Behr and it just didn't look right. The finish was off and the color wasn't perfect.

cucvegas

Thanks.

which specific color did you use, and did you have to mix the paint with thinner or hardener?

Was one coat enough, and did you prime it first?

Stonewall

You can check out all these answers in the paint and body forum on this site. There are sticky threads concerning paint codes, and many, many threads regarding paint type and quantity and prep.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks