• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much paint to order for my M101A1

URBNFLX

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to paint my m101a1 trailer. I dont have anywhere that I can paint with a gun legally so I am stuck with rattle cans. I tested with a little krylon and decided that I should go the gillespie/rapco route. Question is, how many rattle cans to cover a whole m101 trailer with the stake sides? I am going to go with a 686 tan carc sub color to match my K5.

Jimma

A bunch. You can get it from rapco in cases of 12 cans for about $60. You will need at least a case if not more. For the rails and stuff I took a can of Rapco paint and went to home depot, had them match it with a Baehr exterior flat with primer built in. They did an exact, exact match and I used that on the stake sides and rails and applied it with a brush. Being flat paint, and a very good quality paint it looks excellent and saved a lot of cans, especially if the rails are wood and soak up paint.

URBNFLX

so it should be less than 2 cases...? i do like the idea of using the hd paint for the wood... seems like it would hide the imperfections better and be easier to apply. I have some of the wood that needs to be replaced anyway.

Jimma

It not only hides the imperfections but seals up the grain better and soaks in. Have you ever painted raw wood with a spray can? Holy cow, its sucks it up. The exterior HD Behr paint goes on good and saves a lot of cans of spray.

URBNFLX

Cool guys, thanks for the responses... Before I start prepping for paint, I have a couple parts that need to be dealt with... does anyone know where I can find one of these corner side gate posts with the eyes on it? I also need one of the plain center posts as the one i have seems to be from a different trailer and has been severely rusted.

Attachments