• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much power steering fluid?

dc9137

I plan on changing out all the fluids when my 1028 arrives next week. I've looked in the TM's and lube order but for the power steering fluid it just says as needed. Anybody know the capacity?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Total capacity(is your system dry?)

Or, do you plan to top it off(as needed?)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, depending on how though you drain it, the amount will vary.

There is no good way to drain it completely.

dc9137

Gotcha...I just want to be sure I buy enough to fill it back up. How much do you think I need to be sure I have enough to fill it back up once drained?

richingalveston

Are you going to use the dextron 2 or regular power stearing fluid(I beleive both are ok), per the lubrication manual, I believe it calls for dextron2 in the tranny and power stearing so if you are going to flush both, I would by and extra gallon of dextron 2 and keep the fluids the same so one bottle can be carried to top off both when needed.

my system is currently drained and I was going to go back with all dextron to keep it simple. my tranny is a 4l80e which can use the multipurpose dextron or dextron 6. dextron 2 is no longer available. multipurpose dextron is what is sold instead and it replaces dextron1,2 or 3.