• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much should I offer for this Deuce?

superburban

I'm beginning to think that this truck is a bigger can of worms than I'm willing to open right now. I've been looking for an A2 for a while to bob (OH THE HUMANITY!), so this truck is right out for that purpose. I'd not want to chop up something rare and valuable.

I keep having a nagging feeling that I should buy this truck, just to rescue it. A couple of years ago, I found a M559 GOER in a scrapyard. I dragged my feet and asked questions here on Steelsoldiers about IDing it, and then when I finally went in to the yard to ask about buying it, they told me they chopped it up the week before! ARRRRRRG! I foresee a similar fate for this truck if I dont pick it up, but I dont have the money or time to do a restoration. I think If I were to pick it up, I'd offer it up here for sale, then I'd part out the valuable stuff, then when It's picked over, I'd scrap the leftovers.

Waddayathink?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think it would make a great bobber project. You can mount a trailer bed on the dump frame and have a real useful truck. Let someone that wants the motor come swap in an LDS for you and give them the rare one. Easy as pie!

jatonka

The LDS-427-2 makes 146 HP. This is due to the turbo being a higher boost turbo than our normal LDT-465-1C and D turbo engines. The 427 got a bad name for breaking cranks. I still drive one at work, the old girl should be dead, but, smokes on!!!!. The turbo will fit on LDS and LDT 465 engines...... Hmmmmmmm...... more power? probably if you increase the air supply.

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There ya go. Offer $1k and don't look back! I think this is one of the best candidates for a bob job I've seen.