• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much to repair this deuce?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think if you move the decimal point over one to the left, that'd be fair.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you made a trip to howard's, I think you could do it cheep. D-RAT brought me fenders for $30, Hood #25, bumper $20. I could go on for a while. In the front view, what is that line hanging below the bumper? Fuel line? In it's current state, I think $5500 is a little steep. I don't know what one goes for up there. But i would hope you could talk them down a bit.

rmgill

Think they could take the time to clean the mud off of the undercarriage after taking it mudding? Looks like there's mud in the wheels itself. Wonder if that could be part of the brake issues.

lacoda56

Seems to me there's a lot better trucks out there for similar money. The pore thing's been rode hard and put away wet. Unless I'm missing something, it looks a parts truck, as long as none of the parts are sheetmetal. Just my grumpy old two cents worth.

bomar76

No way in hell would I even consider buying any vehicle that I knew up front had the bejeesus beat out of it...and this one sure shows it

$4K overpriced in my book, a parts truck and nothing else.

Desert Rat

Wallew,

You're better off looking elsewhere! She's seen her better days. I can see if you did get it you would be spending way more on repairs than you would ever want to in your worst nightmare. Remember, they are a USED car salesman. They only care about your money and nothing else.

airmitch

Just to give you a comparison, I just picked up a 1970 w/ 300 engine hours on the whistler turbo, great body, everything works, 5 new tires and the rest in good shape, air front axle, cab heater, hardtop & new seat covers for $4900. Drove it home 250 miles w/o a problem.

Hope this puts things into perspective.

Hookin1

Keep looking...........trust me.

It took 2 years,one year of thinking about it and browsing,and one year of serious looking.But i found mine for $2600.00,then drove it 520miles home.only thing that did'nt work was the oil pressure gauge(hooked up mechanical gauge)for the trip home.

There are definatly better deals i would pass that one buy.

Just my 2 cents

williamh

no kidding !! 5.000 ?!?!?!?! way too much for that truck ... 1.200 max., and only because it still runs. but a parts truck ???? it could be a good runner with a lot of tlc ...

M35guy

I'd pay $5.00 at most for that truck. anything more, and I will drive my truck home. that white CRAP on the bed looks horrible, and the front end looks like crap. nice to see it doesnt have the NDT tires. if the front end isnt fixed right, theres GOT to be more they arent telling you. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THIS TRUCK.

Sarge

Do not buy that truck. Not at any price. There are much better deals out there. You will be much happier if you pass this one up.
Keep looking, good deals are everywhere.
DO NOT BUY THAT TRUCK!
That's an order!
-Sarge

Clem1226

5,500? tell him to pound sand!!!!

better off with this.... http://www.idahomotorpool.com/ these guys are still expensive in my book but the few deuces they have listed around that price are much nicer

side note, in the last picture it appears he has another deuce on the the lot, you can see just a mirror and bed side.