• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much weight have you put in your M101?

koolex11

My brother just reported towing 4 yards of mulch in his A2. We estimate around 3000 lbs. and it towed great. The trailer tipped up no problem, but unfortunately the mulch stuck in there and they had to shovel it out anyway!

koolex11

So I saw a picture of an A1 filled to the top with dirt and brick. That is insane!

Anybody with confirmed huge payloads in a 101, please report on handling, dumping etc!!!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yep, done the 3K before in a 101 before. The trailer is rated for 1500 cross country and 3000 on road. All the weights listed by the military are their cross country weight limits. Example, a 2.5 ton is 5000 pounds cross country and 10000 on highway.

It's in the manual.

To keep the mulch from sticking and/or falling through the racks, I used tarps up to and over the side racks and then strapped it over the mulch to keep it from blowing out. Also makes it easier to unload.

koolex11

Highway manufacturer payload rating is 2250 on most. But the 4" frame on the 116 chassis and that monster axle tell a different tale.