• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How Much???

Rustmaster

If a fella wanted to buy and build a Humvee, say a simple 2 door pick-up truck or a 4 door soft top. How much are we looking at? I seem to see a lot of "basket cases" but not much on how much they are spending to buy and put it together. I am thinking of getting one to put together but would like a realistic cost. I want a driver/ fun truck, it would be nice to freek out the guys at Lowes and play in the mud.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I've been told it's cheaper to buy one ready to go than it is to try and fix up a basket case. HMMWV parts cost a fortune.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buy one thats a runner to start with.... You'll spend more upfront, but ALOT less later on. Basket cases are $$$$ pits.... For instance, go price out a main body harness, then look at what needs to be done to install it...

Also make sure you get paperwork so you can get it titled in YOUR state... In some states, thats easy. In others, it cant be done... Just do research and ask questions before you plunk down $ for a truck that you cant get reggied...

Last edited:

rat4spd

Anyone here ever look at the thread on the bronco forums of that guy that handbuilt a hummer body to the tee for a Ford chassis. Now that is a work of art. :)

stjames151

There's one for sale on Pirate4x4.com ready to go. It's a perfect candidate for a restoration or a chop. Everything running, 6.2NA, and already registered in MS. Check out the Hummer forum.

dban

1993 HMMWV in Houston

There is a 1993 HMMWV with 1412 miles on it, it was purchased as new in 2001 with 114 miles. I can get you the contact if interested.
Barry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks