• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How noisy is your 6.2 lit. M1009

rod

My M1009 engine was louder until I added a quart of ATF fluid and about a 1/2 pint of Lucas Oil Injector Cleaner to the last fillup. Maybe its because I know I added the extra stuff to the diesel but it does seems quiter now.

I also have a civi resonator on mine. It does make a difference. I drove it the other day when the resonator was off and you could hear much more "roar" to the intake.

Barrman

That is funny about the drive thru. I don't even try to order with it running anymore. That is probably why most of us have had starter troubles at banks and fast food places.

BIG_RED

Hahaha.. :) the drivethrough comment got me. That is SO true. My personal favorite use for the racket my truck makes:

You know when you've got kids at a red light, or in a parking lot or something.. In those little asian cars? and then they start revving their lawnmower-sized engines at each other, and they feel so cool? That's when I gun my 6.2. And it COMPLETELY drowns out their asain junk, and their stereo and everything else around.. Then I smile :) music to my ears! Good old American.. Muscle? (I don't think 155 horsepower = muscle, but I love my truck!).