• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How not to treat your deuce

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hate to see these trucks tortured but it's his and he can do what he wants with it. In the same thought, it's my opinion and I can have whatever opinion I feel and I think he is an idiot. Worse than all that is the wicking of the throttle. I can't for the life of me figure out why some people must do this stomping and letting off of the throttle. That was the worse part of the video for me.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These trucks are tough. I am sure the trucks that went to the Aberdeen proving grounds endured even more, all the way to the breaking point.
At least this video did not have it as its stated, ultimate goal to destroy the truck.

There are design features that are working in the Deuce's favour. First is lack of power. The 130hp and 330 ft lbs of torque are not enough to break the drivetrain, especially unloaded. Some of the action looks tough, but really is not hard on the truck (such as drifting on soft ground). If you were to catch the spinning wheels on a hard surface all of a sudden - different story. The jumping with 10 wheels catching air....ouch. The suspension itself is capable of supporting weights much higher than what the truck is rated for. If you subject it to repeated shock loads, the bets are still going to be off. Jumping unloaded and landing on relatively soft ground, I think the driver might be the first truck part to be disabled.

The lack of driver comfort is the second design feature to protect the truck. Any idiot can smash a truck around, sitting in a comfy air ride seat. The deuce provides a steel springer seat or a wooden bench. Cue in the driver's kidneys and spine. You do stupid stuff to the truck, the truck does it right back to you. I admit that I would have enjoyed seeing his noggin crash into the steering wheel, taking out a few more teeth, perhaps.

I would not treat my truck that way, simply because I want it to last and look decent. I drive it on the occasional trail but I do not want to break down or get stuck. My driving reflects that. Nothing wrong with giving the axle articulation a slow speed workout or really using the 6x6.

I, and Millions of others, have served and ultimately it gives citizens the freedom to do stupid boneheaded crap that I despise. Despise a lot.

YouTube is full of oh so funny videos where 2 stroke Detroits are run at the governor without oil until they catch fire and burn the truck down. SO much fun. I see it and I also see that some find that hilarious. I never have and never will. It makes me cringe and I choose not to watch crap like that.

But....to each his/her own.

Last edited:

HDN

At least it wasn't an M36 😓

Reminds me of a video I saw on YouTube of a guy damaging his M939 something or other ramping four cars to crush them. Eh, their money 🤷‍♂️

dmetalmiki

Then I thought...I have seen young people AND squaddies doing stuff like this, AND I'm also then reminded of a few that DID NOT make it home!.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For reference, at 27:04 is the landing after the jump. Not surprisingly, the front suspension bottoms out. I bet this is harder on the driver than on the truck. If that happens on a hard surface, the driver might need a chiropractor and dental work. Score: Deuce 1, Redneck 0.

1610742613910.png

fleetmech

I had a feeling that coat-tail riding dope's vids were going to show up here. I've known guys like him, guys who need to prove their "worth" or quantify their "fun" by destroying their own stuff. Its not a mentality I can identify with.

V8srfun

I will say I don’t agree with the way he destroys things but it is not all bad he is a successful businessman that is a net contributor to society unlike so many that are in for a free ride from the government. How many times have we heard the explosion work hard and play hard. Usually people that are stressed by their work do something extreme to release that stress unfortunately this man chooses to do reckless behavior and a healthy diet of alcohol.

the lesson I am learning is that these trucks are much more resilient than many give credit for on the forum here. For example this truck is turned wayyy up and has seen over 3000 rpm multiple times just in this video. I am interested to see how the truck holds up and if he has any engine problems from the abuse because there are many that seem to lead on that these engines will self destruct if they see 2600 rpm for 2 seconds.

JCKnife

I had to check the date on the video,; really surprised it was 2021. Back in 2009-10 these trucks were selling for $600 or less in some auctions, so I kind of expected this video to be from back then.

HDN

I had to check the date on the video,; really surprised it was 2021. Back in 2009-10 these trucks were selling for $600 or less in some auctions, so I kind of expected this video to be from back then.
Maybe he got it cheap recently? Not everyone knows the current value of their stuff.

the lesson I am learning is that these trucks are much more resilient than many give credit for on the forum here. For example this truck is turned wayyy up and has seen over 3000 rpm multiple times just in this video. I am interested to see how the truck holds up and if he has any engine problems from the abuse because there are many that seem to lead on that these engines will self destruct if they see 2600 rpm for 2 seconds.
The tach could be broken too ;)

(I've never driven a multifuel so I don't know what they sound like at different speeds)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He did a John Rambo at 1:00.

I have to admit, we did something kind of similar one time. I bought a deuce off of GSA as a parts truck that was already beat to pieces. After getting the truck home though, I put some batteries on it and it started right up and ran great. We ran it pretty hard for a few days before I parted it out. Still have the hull sitting here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks