• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How strict is GL on 10 day time limit?

dc9137

I got the EUC on my 1028 back on Monday which would put my 10 business days ending next Friday. I talked to the local guy in MN where the truck is located today and he's not going to be there next week so my 10 days will expire before the truck can be picked up. I told him that it will put me over the 10 days, and asked if it would be a problem. He said to call late next week and we'll schedule the pickup. He was a little gruff about it. Should I call or email the main GL site so they don't cancel things or am I screwed either way?

wsucougarx

It all depends on the site. I would call them and explain your situation. More times than not, they'll work with you. JBLM has a great staff that will work with you and accomodate most requests for an extension for pickup.

dc9137

It all depends on the site. I would call them and explain your situation. More times than not, they'll work with you. JBLM has a great staff that will work with you and accomodate most requests for an extension for pickup.
It's the guy on site that won't be there for the pickup. I'm worried the HQ folks will cancel it and I'll be out of luck. It wouldn't seem right since it's their fault I can't pick it up but I've learned long ago not to use logic in these sorts of things...

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have been talking to the guy on site, and he is the one rescheduling, there should be no problem.

Cheers

dc9137

I have an appointment for the following week for the pickup now. I may send GL an email just to cover myself, but I'm guessing the guy onsite would have to submit something saying it was not picked up before it was cancelled.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't call the main headquarters. I've seen 105's sit on the Corpus Christi base for over 6 months before being picked up. It is 100% up to the site the item is at.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The site manager is ahead of scheduling for each location. If you've talked to him then you're golden. I've called in for a two week extension to pick up a batch of trailers before and it went like clockwork.

MarcusOReallyus

Yep, if you are in contact with the local guys, you are good. Don't sweat it. :beer:

And I fully agree ab out contacting HQ! Don't do that! You are more likely to cause problems than anything else. The local guys are the people who need to be happy with the schedule, and you've got that covered.

Enjoy!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So long as they have the space and you called there should not be any problem. In Ohio I could record them on the phone telling me it was okay to wait. YMMV