• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How stuck have you gotten your Deuce PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

Ryan123

It looks like you pulled it deeper into the mud wall with the winch cable out in front , I do not know if you tried it the way it went in, but that would sure have been a ton easier and less broken parts. But very cool shots :) Always glad to see trucks get stuck and no wimping out :):):)

well ya see we had 2 dodge pickups and a ford. we burned the winch motor out on the dodge that had a winch(the only pickup with one) attempting to pull it back and then proceeded to tie all three pickups and a tractor together to pull it backwards with no luck we were actually making head way going forward with digging and such but then the trucks kept pulling when my thermal shutdown activated and that warn has a built in brake but them pulling it just a little bit for me to run and tell them to shut down burned it up.

TehTDK

Picket line?. And I must admit that when ever i get a truck/car/whatever with a winch I will make sure to carry a bundle of snatchblocks and various things to be used as ground anchors :). Because with enough snatch blocks and enough line any winch can technically recover any vehicle, its just gonna be super super slow, but it "should" work.

budman67

I agree 100%,but if you are alone, and there is not a source for an anchor point,
then what would you use??

Page 37 of FM 20-22 Recovery Manual

Picket line?. And I must admit that when ever i get a truck/car/whatever with a winch I will make sure to carry a bundle of snatchblocks and various things to be used as ground anchors :). Because with enough snatch blocks and enough line any winch can technically recover any vehicle, its just gonna be super super slow, but it "should" work.

m715mike

8.jpg7.jpg6.jpg5.jpg4.jpg

If I was able to drive out of the hole without assistance, was I really stuck?

Easing in the first time, I was not able to make it all the way through. After a little rocking (which I believe the TM says not to do -- and for good reason), the truck came backing out. Naturally, if going slow didn't work then one must hit the hole with more speed. Being less conservative, I tried second-high and hit the hole with a little more momentum. The momentum did not get me much further, but it managed to get mud in more places than I could imagine. This includes enough mud in the engine compartment to bend a fan blade and put it in my radiator. So this time it took even more rocking, but I still backed the truck out of the hole. Next was a 3-point turn (which in a Deuce and tight trails is more like a 23-point turn) and a short drive back to camp.

At that point I was still too excited to realize how much a new radiator, fan, clutch, starter and spindle were going to cost. Then we got to "play" a little longer on my buddy's four wheelers while waiting for the big hook to show-up.

It may be crazy, but I still look back on that day with fond memories!!

Ryan123

you did drive it out yourself.... Its a tough call... you broke a lot of stuff...But it was about how STUCK you got and since you drove out that doesn't really count IMO

Ryan123

That' crazy you bent your fan up though because when I went into my glory hole my fan was chucking sludge around as well didn't bend it though. It literally sounded like **** hit that fan lol well I guess it kind of did.

obxairman

Wow Ok now i am learning I want something mosterous!!!!!!! I would prefer to not have this happen agian nor do i want to brak other equipment . That happened yesterday . We snaped several smaller chains after the first one snapped i knew it was futile and
i asked people to wait until I got something bigger. I have every intention of doing this at some point and i really love this truck so
why not.

jake1086

You brought this back from the dead obxairman, so hear are some of mine.IMG_20140606_213415779.jpg10296353_573862968487_6085652178023182825_o.jpgIMG_20140606_200411720.jpgIMG_20140606_200420491.jpgIMG_20140606_200505854_HDR.jpgIMG_20140606_205252829.jpgIMG_20140606_215435542_HDR.jpgIMG_20140606_215444542.jpg So... the second pic is from a completely different time, got pulled out by a cat that time... but the rest of the pics... well I had crossed about 300 yards of 3 foot deep water to get to this dry area... and then I got stuck... limited amount of friends with trucks that could make it to me, I ripped the bumper off of my buddies half ton, and then called Gibbs towing, told them the situation, I knew they had this beast and he said he'd come out! when he got there he didnt even charge me!! said he had so much fun, just to send him the pics and videos and it was on him! :D he didnt even use a winch just pulled me right out haha.