• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How the heck does this window go in?

Just got new glass for my driver's side door, and I'm stumped as to how it goes in. There doesn't seem to be a good angle to slide it in.

Do I have to remove the wing window? Or am I missing something?

CCATLETT1984

nope, the wing does not have to come out.
its not that bad, Ive done two of them.

unbolt the regulater from inside the door, and set down in the bottom of the door. then you have to put the front of the window in the slot first, that will let it slide forward enought that the rest of it will clear.
slide the window into the door and then slide it up the window channel. you have to monkey the regulator around to get the two wheels to get into the track on the window, (huge help to have someone else that can hold the window up while you do this) then you have to fiddle around to get the regulator back at the correct level to reinstall the bolts. get them all in before tightening them down. then loosen the bolts that hold the window track slightly and snug the track up to the glass, this will prevent the window shattering when the door is closed with the window all the way down.

acetomatoco

And in the end, the new window is in, and the installer is happy. There are many roads to a destination.. good job on the posts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks