• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to add an EGT gauge with a PID

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to know the 'danger zone' temp as well!! Anybody have some info?
Seems like no matter what you run gas or diesel 1200* is a starting to worry point if it hangs there to long. Now as said if your are lugging it and RPM is not even close to red line and your hitting 1200* then that to can be a problem. Here you would down shift to bring up the rpm and see if the Temps dropped off. My EGT's with my Duramax when EFI live is turned up to the highest HP setting and I am passing or going to pedal to the metal for a short time. Have not melted them yet but as said I don't stay at those temps long.

Attachments

Solid State Relay the Abrins gauge triggers it with it's relay the water is injected through the intake elbow post turbo thought of adding a second nozzle pre turbo though the spray must be injected a certain way to prevent droplets.

coachgeo

Solid State Relay the Abrins gauge triggers it with it's relay the water is injected through the intake elbow post turbo thought of adding a second nozzle pre turbo though the spray must be injected a certain way to prevent droplets.
ohhh. SSR..... not ssd..... makes more since now. yup... on pre-turbo placement and jetting considerations.... droplets and turbo blades don't jive to well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks