• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how to bleed power steering

USAWEAPON777

Hey everybody, well after replacing the steering gear on my m1008 i'm having a little bit of an issue. How do i bleed the power steering lines. I've gone out 3 times trying to turn the wheel lock to lock and every time it still is not turning nicely. Also foamy fluid is belching out of the reservoir cap. Any advice? I'd really like to get this out of my garage lol

Westech

CPL
you have to get the front wheels off the ground! it will take some time to bleed all the air out.. let it sit for a hour sense last driving and get the wheels off the ground. Start the truck top off the fluid and go lock to lock 3 times, check the fluid. If foam let it sit till the foam is gone and repeat. Thats all you have to do... but you MUST get the front wheels off the ground or its going to take FOREVER!

G-Force

You have to let the foam dissapate out of the oil. Let it sit and once the foam is out of the oil refill he reservoir and start it up. Turn it from lock to lock and then let it run for a bit and do it again. Eventually the air will get out and te oil will not be foamy anymore.

Keith_J

This must be because of additional hydraulic consumers. I have replaced these pumps on other vehicles with never a bleeding issue, other than foam. If you are in a hurry, you could siphon off the foam, replacing with fresh PS hydraulic oil. Foamed PS oil takes forever to settle.

allrevup

Will you have the wheels of the ground, you should also lube the King Pings, seldom if ever mention but they should be grease with the differential relived from any weight

USAWEAPON777

alright guys thanks for everything got all the air out of the lines and i must say it steers easier then ever before! Lol it felt good to drive it around after so long. Soooo good that i thought it could beat the 2ft snow drift lol.. guess not. Anyway thanks again for the help

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks