• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to bypass most of the fuel system on a 802A

Coley

I have many people I set generators up for that want to use them plumbed into a 300 gallon fuel tank here. I have had two problems with aux fuel systems. One the pump would not come on the other it shut off too late. I spent time trying to fix both before I tried to just bypass everything all together. This is what I ended up with and it works great.

First I removed the tube at B

Then I disconnected the fuel return at A

Next I disconnected the fuel feed line to the main fuel pump where is comes out of the tank.

Then disconnect the aux fuel line at the aux pump.

Install the Tiger Loop mount in the fuel compartment.

Hook lines up to the tiger loop as shown in one of the images. Feed line from aux tank goes into the bottom at C, return line and line to the fuel pump come out the side.

Leave about 1/4 tank of fuel in the generator so low fuel light and shutdown are not an issue.

I have 3 generators running this way. They run great and leaves the aux pump as a backup for the main pump. Everything else is gravity fed. No real points of failure.

tigerloop.jpg
IMG_3531.jpg

CF

Coley

Thanks. Very easy way to not have to run a long return line to the tank. Total cost right at $100 with the Tiger loop and fittings needed. Easily reversible if need be as well.

CF

Korgoth1

Thats very similar to the old 004's day tank system.

I ran the return line to a T fitting(literally where your tigerloop is in the diagram) doing away with both pumps. Just have to bleed it well(tigerloop eases bleeding, which is preferred for mechanically challenged)

I bleed by pulling the return line off until I have a good stream, then bleed the filter as I would normally when swapping filters. I may buy a replacement pump later, but the T has been working great.

ClintA

How would one go about bypassing the low fuel light? I have mine just hooked straight to fuel pump from tank that is mounted on trailer and is gravity fed to main pump and return line plumed to tank. I have not run it but just a few minutes so now reading this I am worried about long time running. I have removed the factory fuel tank altogether because it is not big enough for my use.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You wont get the alarm if you have unpluged the wiring harness going to the tank. The switch is closed on low level.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks