• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to celebrate a successful lift pump install

Hollowman

Since this forum is so thoroughly helpful in getting and keeping our trucks running with all the "How To" topics. I thought I'd share. "How To" of a slightly different nature. First a brief background. My brother is always working on something on his daily driver M1009, in Boulder CO. This weekend it was the fuel lift pump. He, like me figured it would be easy, two bolts, a threaded fitting bing bam boom right? Wrong! Everything was a pain from the get go. All the usual problems we later found were so common plagued him from he outset and, to top it off he's working outside in single digit temps. So after two installs, one new pushrod, a day's worth of battery charging, and countless gallons of diesel spilled and eventually bled through the system, it's time to celebrate.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do that very same dance everytime I read a member used the TMs or searched before posting! :doghead:

I can't see the attachment unfortunately, but I can def relate to wanting to celebrate a lift pump install. Funny thing is that after I got it finished I realized that it should have been a lot easier than it was. The biggest obstacle for me was when the rod got wedged inside the block and I was reluctant to remove the plate behind the pump due to not being sure what kind of can of worms I'd be getting into there. It's really a quite simple job once you've done it before and know the setup, but I hope if I ever need to do it again it'll be to help someone else on their truck. Btw, be glad you were doing it on a 1008 and not an M1010 like mine. From what I hear they aren't quite as involved so it's a quicker job (in theory).

I do that dance everytime I fix anything on my MutherCucker. And, then, pessimistically, it's something else... Doh!

Which, on the up-side, is an excuse for another beer and dance when I fix that. And the cycle starts again.

We should hook up, I'm just 2.5 hours west of you guys. I've never met someone with a CUCV. I do have a M35A2 as well that is way less finnicky, but not a great daily driver, if you know what I mean. Put a lot of time into her as well, but have never actually, knock on wood, run into any problems. Maybe I'm just better with big old stupid reliable rigs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks