• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to check IP?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a few screws to remove the IP cover. You will see the solenoid under the cover. You need to verify that it plunges when 12 volts are applied to it. No movement, no engine start.

Greggz

I did nuthin but try to start it normally, glo plug. For 15 second, crank, repeat. Its started twice. Cold blooded. Gonna go try some mire

ProPower

It sounds like its air locked to me! Maybe from being jelled up! Both of my 1028s did this last week when we were cutting wood in 0* weather! Try pressurizing the fuel tank while your rolling it over! These trucks are very picky about fuel pressure!

Greggz

When I disconnected the pink wire to the IP and reconnect there is no click. I am getting power to it.does that mean I need a new solenoid

nyoffroad

Check all of your glow plugs with a OHM meter! Sounds like you may have some 'weak' ones. Also seeing as your in WV do they normally switch over to 'winter' (enhanced) fuel in the fall? If not and it's straight D2 you could also have had some gelling, if thats the case you DO NEED to add some anti gell when it's cold (roughly32 or less?) We have 'winter' fuel up here and I never add anything till it gets about -10 or colder with out a problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks