• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to clean off the GL writing?

n3uka

Have had my truck for a few weeks and haven't figured out how to clean off all the writing on the body from GL.
Trying not to ruin the paint in the process. I think they tried to write over every part of the truck.[complaining]
They used both yellow and white markers.[:(!]
Any advice will be welcome.

Desert Rat

N3,
Believe it or not I still have the yellow writing from when I got 'Storm almost two years ago. I'm just patiently watching it slowly flake off as it weathers. But then again, I'm also going to sandblast and repaint her to desert camo when we have the money.

rdixiemiller

If your truck has CARC paint, you can use laquer thinner. Try it on an inconspicuous area first. Most of the paint pens are laquer type. You may end up with a somewhat shiney area, so maybe try an area inside the bed first.
If not CARC, repaint the area. Anything that will take off the marker will also take off the paint.
Whatever you try, do so sparingly. Don't slop the stuff all over.

cten

n3uka thanks for asking this question as I have been wondering the same thing and have not gotten to cleaning this off yet.

I almost bought goof off from home depot to give it a shot.

It is worse than crayon whatever they used.

Hoping to get my windows back in and install my alternator today.

n3uka

Thanks for all the advice.
I am guessing Aberdeen will have many trucks with GL writing on them.
Hope to have mine cleaned by then

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks