• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to Clean off the undercoating

I was wondering if anyone has a chemical that will safely clean the cosmoline off the under side of the vehicle? I have been scraping but it's taking awhile and getting a lot of junk in my face :-[ I know sandblasting will work but I'm not taking the cab off the frame just trying to get the years of mud and some of the cosmolime off.

billyzz

A bunch of aerosol cans of cheap oven cleaner and a power washer is how i do it.
A hot day will make the cleaner work better.
Get some gloves goggles mask and old clothes because you are going to have that crud all over you.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just one addition I would make to Billyzz recommendation is to back that up with a 3000 PSI very HOT water pressure washer!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks