• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how to convert 24v to 12v m1008

BigRedMachine

I have been trying to get this truck to run right and can't seem to win. I have put six starters in the truck over the last few months, changed silonids ands relays.
What do in need to do and parts do I need to change this system from 24v to 12v?

Westech

CPL
thats not going to solve your problem. the 24V system is very ez to work with if you have the right TM's (repair manual) I have installed 12V starters in the cucv's before by moving the main power wire to the starter off the junction block and on to the + of the first battery. Only problem is that you only have the one battery for power. Also changing to 12V you will have to forgo the stock glow plug system. Really take it from a guy that has been there done that. Keep your 24v and figure out what is causing your problems. I bet you money you change to 12V and you will still have your starter problem.