• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to disable surge brakes on trailer

fran35

Hey guys,
I have what GL listed as an m101A#, but is actually a hodge podge of A2, A3 and A1. Anyway, I use the trailer to haul light stuff mostly, behind a full sized truck. The brakes have been jumping horribly and I really just want to disable the brakes. I have heard about the lockout pin, but can't seem to locate it. At this point, if I simply disconnect the lines from the cylinder, will that give the same result? Thanks, Frank

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I really wouldn't go that route. There is a hole in the housing(between the two swing bars) of the master that a bolt goes through. It might not go right away, sometimes I have to pivot the assembly to get it to go in.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need 3 1/2"of working length for this lockout pin. Lower grades bolts wil bend, use quality stuff.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys,
I have what GL listed as an m101A#, but is actually a hodge podge of A2, A3 and A1. Anyway, I use the trailer to haul light stuff mostly, behind a full sized truck. The brakes have been jumping horribly and I really just want to disable the brakes. I have heard about the lockout pin, but can't seem to locate it. At this point, if I simply disconnect the lines from the cylinder, will that give the same result? Thanks, Frank
Replacing the shock will likely solve your problem. Disconnecting the brake lines will only make a mess and the MC will be banging in and out as the lunette moves if you don't have a pin installed. I would replace the shock or insert a pin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks