• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to find the engine markings for a 6.5 l

Barrman

You found that number on the rear drivers side deck extension. Look on the same basic spot on the front passenger side. The GEP blocks have nothing. The GM 6.5 blocks say GM and in my case, LD. All 6.2 engines say GM 6.2 L on the front deck extension.

I didn't pull my block casting list out for this, but I thought all the 506 blocks were 6.5 no matter GM or GEP built?

Action

It is as simple as which side of the tach thing the bolt is on at the back of the valley. I dont know the exact detail, but it has been mentioned here several times.

Barrman

Actually, the oil pump drive tie down bolt was in the same location for all 6.2 engines and some 6.5 engines. In the middle.

The engines meant to have a center mount turbo or to be made to have a center mount turbo have the tie down on the passenger side. I have a GEP 6500 with it on the outside. A 1996 6.5 with it in the middle and 3 198? 6.2 engines here in my class with it in the middle. I just walked around and looked.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks