• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to identify engine block year

a68cudas

Is there a way to find out what year a 6.2 hummer block was manufactured based on what they stamp on the block? Im looking into buying an engine and want to know if there are any ways to determine the year of what your looking at? That way i can drive the blazer untill i get a crack free block for a rebuild which is in the works, but any ways is there a way to determine year of the hummer engines that were pulled for the repower program? Thanks

a68cudas

Search for this thread ; 6.2 Diesel / 6.5 Diesel Engine

You have 3 threads going in the last week on engine blocks . You should keep all the information in 1 thread so people know what your trying to do , rather than scattering it all over . It also makes future searches more difficult .

Thanks for the Google tip The site search engine does suck on here. Thought id get better response to each specific question if i just started a new thread ill start combining my questions maybe it will help and be less confusing thanks

And here is a search tip for you ; Best site search tip ever

Thanks for the advice and yes the search feature on here really sucks!