• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to improve MPG of LDS 465 1A engine

rustystud

Curt, I think you need to check your air and fuel systems (air filter, fuel filters etc). Also your tires and alignment. You live in a really flat area, so unless your going over the pass all the time you should be getting better mileage. I get around 9 to 10mpg out here on the west side (Woodinville). A whole lot more hills also. By the way, when are you going to Alaska ? Is it for fun or work. I'm looking to get up there this summer if possible. My father worked building the Alcan highway and I would like to see it before I get too old. We should get a convoy going.

Last edited:

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found using Lucas in all gear boxes, diffs and engine gave me more top end speed and
a much quieter running truck.

Sure worth a try. Good luck.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would recommend running a couple fuel additives. The first one is Opti-Lube XPD. It is the highest rated product on the market for lubrication properties. It will keep those injectors and fuel lines clean. I ran that in my M35A2 and noticed a small power gain and almost 1 mpg difference. Which is significant. The other one is for higher Cetane Boost. It's called Opti-lube Cetane Boost and can raise it from like 5 to 8 points! Which is significant and will produce more power and burn more efficently. Also, the same company makes an oil fortifier and it will reduce your engine temps prolly by 10 degrees, it will run quieter and reduce wear up to 40% in the engine. This also added a little edge over just new oil. Change the oil and instead of adding 22 quarts of oil, add 21 quarts and one quart of the oil fortifier. People don't think much about the additives, but I have seen a difference in the trucks performance. With that and the added benefit of running colder temperatures internally, you should gain more mpg. Heat is a by product of energy and is energy wasted, if you can reduce it slightly, it will help. Also, you might want to consider running WMO in your tank if you want to cut costs down. It doesn't necessarily get you better fuel economy, but it does make it more affordable to cross country with. Just a though. Best of luck.

JasonS

How will not turning the front drive shaft affect the life of the bushing in the front drive section of the transfer case?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks