• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to install a backup alarm on an M35a3

AnonymousOne

So to get an inspection sticker on a commercial truck in MA you need a backup alarm.

Honestly if I am going to drive in a parade I want a backup alarm so I don't kill anyone.

As my neighbors would kill me every time I do a 5 point turn in my driveway I figured I better also have a secret on off switch to go with it.

Parts required

Screw driver
Socket wrench
Soldering gun
Hot melt glue gun
2 pieces of short electrical wire
Drill with metal drill bit
24 Volt Backup alarm (est $20-$30)
On off switch
Razor blade
Epoxy glue
Mini grinder or big grit sand paper

Actions

Pull a part the electric connection to the reverse light. (caution not sure it is a pull connector for all MVs use care /RTFM)

Use the socket to remove the reverse light. Handle with care don't shake or drop as bulb is inside

Use the razor to strip the insulation from the middle of the wire (see pic)

Solder a new piece of wire into the backup light wire.

Use hot melt glue to make the connection water tight.

Take the backup alarm and using epoxy glue, seal the on off switch to the alarm near the power connector.

Use a short electrical wire to connect the power switch to the positive side of the alarm.

Measure the backup alarm hole spacing and drill holes in truck to match.

Around the whole which will connect the ground on the alarm to the truck use a grinder around the hole to clean the paint a way from where the head of the screw will be tightened down against the truck to ensure a good ground.

Screw the backup light into the truck.

Screw the backup alarm into the truck

Connect the backup light new wire to the power switch.

Connect the backup light back into the main wiring harness. (Push connectors together)

Test... turn alarm switch on, turn truck on (engine running), parking lights on or head lights on. Put truck into reverse.

Use hot melt glue to seal the switch wires and the power switch connections.

Paint to match

:grd:

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks